Chiropractic Management of Lumbar Disc Derangements
Dr. William Morgan
This course has been approved for 5 hours of Continuing Education. Check for your individual State status at the bottom of the page.
Overview of Course: The online learner will expand his/her understanding of managing lumbar disc derangements. The course objectives include:
• Understand the anatomy and function of the disc, the types of disc derangements, and the lexicon for describing disc lesions
• Identify probable disc derangements through history, observation/examination, and imagery
• Determine the safest course of management
• Understand the concept of evidence-based practice
• Learn the mechanism of injury for disc herniations
• Learn to perform an efficient and meaningful orthopedic/neurologic exam
• Learn to identify disc lesions
• Learn how to conservatively manage a disc derangement
• Learn when to refer
This course consists of:
- 5 hours of Course Content
- End of Course Assessment
- End of Course Survey
- Course Completion Certificate
This course has been approved by:
State Board Approvals:
(AR, AZ, CA (2/1/20-12/31/20, 2.5 Hours approved), GA (2/1/20-12/31/20), NM, TX, AB (2/9/20-6/30/20))
PACE Approved States:
AK, KS, ME, MA, MN, NV, NJ, NC, ND, SC, SD, TN, NS
Auto-Approved States (States not requiring applications):
CO, CT, DE, ID, IL, IA, MD, MI, MT, NE, OH, OR, RI, UT, VA, VT, WA, DC, BC, MAN, ON, PEI, QB, YK
For PACE and Auto-Approved states, users are advised to check with their boards to ensure this is in accordance with state rules and regulations.
All courses must be completed by 12/31/2020. After successfully purchasing your course, your course can be accessed through selecting the expand button listed below or through your CE profile page.
Successful completion of the course requires an 80% or better on all quizzes.